Sport Premium Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
Since 2013/14 the Government has provided funding of £150 million per annum to support primary school sport funding. This funding, which is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, sees money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of funding
At Kellington Primary School the governors agree that the money must be used so that all children benefit regardless of their sporting ability. We use our Sports Funding Allocation to continue to place a very high priority on our PE provision.
To Increase Participation In Sports and PE and Develop Healthy Life Styles by:
- Developing confidence in staff with the teaching of PE across the school.
- Promoting the importance of a healthy lifestyle to all pupils.
- Continuing to build on the legacy of the 2012 Olympics and recognise the importance of upholding the Olympic and Paralympics Values across the school.
- Encouraging competitive sport across the school through the Sherburn Schools’ Partnership competitions.
- Promoting competitive sport outside the school day.
- Giving children the opportunity to achieve ‘Active 30’ where they are physically active for at least 30 minutes per day.
Click below to view the PE & Sport Premium Statement:
PE and Sport Premium 2021/2022 Evaluate